Bachmann: Use All Options to Stop Iran From Using Nuclear Weapon
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Rep. Michele Bachmann (R., Minn.) told TheStreet she wouldn't leave any option off the table to prevent Iran from using a nuclear weapon.
Bachmann's comments came ahead of her major foreign policy address expected on Thursday.
|Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R., Minn.)|
"With a President Bachmann, I can assure you, there would be no option in my cabinet that would be off the table," Bachmann said. "I would use every possible military option there is to stop Iran from using a nuclear weapon."
She said that President Barack Obama has "allowed Iran to have the greatest luxury of all: time."Bachmann, in characterizing her presidential foreign policy objectives, said she believed in peace. "This isn't Mr. Rogers neighborhood that our country is in,"said Mallory Factor, a contributor for TheStreet. "But that is my goal; you want to know what my goal is, it truly is to see peace in the world," Bachmann responded. Bachmann said she didn't consider herself an isolationist, but that she took a little bit of George Washington's view that the United States should be careful with unnecessary foreign entanglements. When asked about whether she would send more troops into armed conflict, the congresswoman said she would only do so if there was a clear, vital, defined American national interest. "When they go in, we need to know what our plan is -- what our plan for exit is," Bachmann said. "And also when we go in
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV