The Best Products to Come in Second Place
BOSTON ( MainStreet) -- Typically, consumer and retail loyalty goes to the best products. As the cliche goes: Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.
Sometimes, however, the best just isn't good enough.
Quality is often subjective. Consider stereo equipment: An audiophile may speak glowingly of midrange tones, while the typical consumer really only cares about pumping bass, a cool label or a pretty display.A critically acclaimed movie can be a dud at the box office and more people buy Big Macs each day than filet mignon. Quality isn't the only predictor of success. The following are examples of products that -- both subjectively and objectively -- were hailed as the top of their class, but nevertheless failed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV