Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd (MPEL): Today's Featured Leisure Loser
Melco Crown Entertainment (MPEL) pushed the Leisure industry lower today making it today's featured Leisure loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Melco Crown Entertainment fell 18 cents (-1.5%) to $11.56 on light volume. Throughout the day, six million shares of Melco Crown Entertainment exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.34-$11.95 after having opened the day at $11.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.74. Other company's within the Leisure industry that declined today were: MTR Gaming Group Inc (MNTG), down 10.1%, Cosi Inc (COSI), down 5.3%, Full House Resorts Inc (FLL), down 4.5%, and seven Days Group Holdings (SVN), down 4.4%. Melco Crown Entertainment Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, ownership, and operation of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities primarily in Macau. Melco Crown Entertainment has a market cap of $6.3 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 61.9, below the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 115.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 84.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Melco Crown Entertainment as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- You can view the full Melco Crown Entertainment Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV