Cameco Corp (CCJ): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Loser
Cameco (CCJ) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Cameco fell $1.34 (-6.3%) to $20.11 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of Cameco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.37-$20.97 after having opened the day at $20.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.45. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: USEC Inc (USU), down 6.9%, Anooraq Resources Corporation (ANO), down 4.7%, Entree Gold Inc (EGI), down 4.3%, and Nanophase Technologies Corporation (NANX), down 4%. Cameco Corporation operates as a uranium producer, supplier of conversion services, and fuel manufacturer. The company's Uranium segment involves in the exploration for, mining, milling, purchase, and sale of uranium concentrate. Cameco has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.5, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 46.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Cameco as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Cameco Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV