NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- In case you didn't know, small businesses, Cyber Monday is quickly reaching the size and scope of Black Friday.
Shoppers are looking for 24-hour convenience, discounts such as free shipping and to avoid store crowds. A quick, efficient and discount-full online shopping experience is a must-have for retailers looking to capitalize on the official kickoff of the holiday shopping season.
According to a National Retail Federation survey, the average shopper plans to do about 36% of holiday shopping online this year, up from 32.7% percent last year.
|Is your small business Web site ready for an onslaught of Cyber Monday traffic? Are you ready to ship? You'd better be.|
Some retailers are seizing the opportunity by investing in new technologies, site and service features. According to the ninth annual eHoliday survey conducted by BIGresearch for the NRF's online channel, Shop.org, about 51% say they have significantly invested in mobile-optimized Web sites and another 19.6% in tablet device apps. Additionally, 35% invested in QR (quick-response) codes in offline advertising such as magazine ads and billboards.Of those who use social media platforms regularly, 72% have invested in their Facebook pages and 41% in their Twitter accounts in advance of the holidays. All should ensure their sites are equipped to handle an increase in traffic.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV