Chubb (CB) is the 12th-largest property-casualty insurer in the U.S. Third-quarter earnings slumped 48% from a year earlier, largely due to Hurricane Irene claims payouts.
Its shares, which are up 15% this year, have a three-year average annual return of 11.6%, resulting in a market value of $19 billion. They carry a 2.31% projected dividend yield. Chubb gets a 1% allocation in the portfolio and was added Sept 23.
Halliburton (HAL) is a leader in the booming oil-services industry. Its services include everything from pressure pumping to drilling, as well as employee-support services across North America and about 80 countries worldwide. Its shares are down 8.4% this year, but have a three-year average annual return of 24%, giving it a $35 billion market value. They have a projected dividend yield of 0.97%. It gets a 1% allocation in the portfolio and was added Oct. 28.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV