Ameren Corp. (AEE), an $8 billion public utility and holding company, serves 2.4 million electric and 940,000 natural gas customers in Missouri and Illinois. The Sept. 16 portfolio pick, with a 2% weighting recommendation, carries a whopping 4.96% projected dividend yield.
Its shares are up 18.6% this year and have an average annual return of 3.4% per year.
Entergy Corp. (ETR) is the second-largest nuclear power plant operator in the U.S., with six facilities. As a regulated utility, it distributes power to 2.7 million customers across the Southeast. The $12 billion company's wholesale division sells power throughout the Northeast. The shares are up 1.6% this year and have an average annual return of 9.8% over 10 years, with a 4.78% projected dividend yield. Entergy gets a 3% portfolio allocation and was added Sept 16.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV