Ducommun Incorporated (NYSE:DCO) today reported results for its third quarter and nine months ended October 1, 2011.
- Net sales increased 86% for the third quarter of 2011 versus the third quarter of 2010, reflecting increased sales of $83.8 million from the LaBarge, Inc. (“LaBarge”) acquisition
- Diluted earnings per share for the third quarter of 2011 were $0.09 and, excluding merger-related expenses, were $0.34
- Firm backlog at the end of the third quarter 2011 was approximately $611.7 million
“We are pleased to report our first full quarter of financial results that include LaBarge under the Ducommun umbrella,” said Anthony J. Reardon, president and chief executive officer. “The integration of our operations remains on track, with the combined Ducommun LaBarge Technologies benefiting from strong demand across a diverse set of end markets. In addition, Ducommun AeroStructures saw revenue grow in the third quarter by 11% year-over-year, reflecting increases in both commercial and military sales. We expect further expansion in the quarters to come along with margin improvement driven by higher operating leverage and the impact of synergies from our acquisition.”
Sales for the third quarter of 2011 increased 86% to $185.1 million, compared to $99.4 million for the third quarter of 2010, reflecting revenue of $83.8 million from the LaBarge acquisition and 2% organic growth, primarily from increased sales of products for commercial aircraft. Net income for the third quarter was $1.0 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, compared to net income of $5.8 million, or $0.55 per diluted share, for the comparable period last year. Excluding pre-tax acquisition-related expenses (including cost of sales relating to the write-up of LaBarge inventory) of $3.9 million, or $0.25 per diluted share, net income was $3.7 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011. During the quarter, the Company generated $3.7 million of cash flow from operations, excluding $9.7 million of acquisition-related costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV