DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Nov. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HUBG), a leading asset light freight transportation management company, announced that its subsidiary, Comtrak Logistics, Inc., acquired certain assets of Challenge Transportation, an intermodal drayage carrier headquartered in Newark, NJ.
"This acquisition continues to build on our strategic initiative of growing Hub Group's North American drayage network," stated Chris Kravas, Chief Intermodal Officer for Hub Group. "This is Comtrak's third significant acquisition in the past 12 months and will mark the addition of the 26th full service terminal in the Comtrak network."
Challenge Transportation boasts a 41 driver-operation that handles container deliveries throughout the Northeast region."We are pleased to welcome the Challenge Transportation drivers and employees to our Comtrak family," stated Jim Ronchetto, President of Comtrak Logistics. "With the addition of the New Jersey terminal to the Comtrak network, we are able to offer drayage and regional trucking services throughout the Tri-State and Northeast Region." Challenge Transportation's Jan Hopper started the company in 1995. Ms. Hopper will continue in a leadership role with Comtrak Logistics as Vice President of Recruiting and Sales. About Hub Group Hub Group, Inc. is a leading asset light freight transportation management company providing comprehensive intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services. The Company operates through a network of offices throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Comtrak Logistics is a wholly-owned drayage subsidiary of Hub Group. A full description of Comtrak and a map with locations can be found online. SOURCE Hub Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV