KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., Nov. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) announced today an update to the previously disclosed regulatory matter related to Southwest Healthcare System ("SWHCS").
On November 4, 2011, SWHCS, which operates Rancho Springs Medical Center and Inland Valley Regional Medical Center in Riverside County, California, received notification from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ("CMS") that, based upon the results of a November 2, 2011 survey, it has been determined that SWHCS is in compliance with the Medicare conditions of participation for a provider of hospital services and that SWHCS has been restored to the deemed status pursuant to its continued accreditation by The Joint Commission.
The November 2nd survey was a follow-up survey requested by CMS to address specific items identified in a full certification survey which occurred during the last week of July, 2011. The July, 2011 survey was conducted pursuant to agreements with CMS and the California Department of Public Health whereby a full certification survey was conducted, following the implementation of corrective measures, to determine if SWHCS had achieved substantial compliance with the Medicare conditions of participation.
Universal Health Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest hospital companies, operating, through its subsidiaries, acute care and behavioral health hospitals and ambulatory centers nationwide and in Puerto Rico. It acts as the advisor to Universal Health Realty Income Trust, a real estate investment trust (NYSE:UHT). For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: http://www.uhsinc.com .SOURCE Universal Health Services, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV