TranSwitch Joins HDMI Forum
TranSwitch® Corporation, Inc. (Nasdaq: TXCC) announces that it is now a member of the HDMI Forum, a new organization created by HDMI licensing LLC. devoted to developing specifications for the next generation of the HDMI standard. Through its membership, TranSwitch will now play a more active role in helping shape future HDMI standards with other members in the HDMI forum.
Amir Bar-Niv, VP and GM of TranSwitch’s High Speed Interconnect business, reports, “Membership in the HDMI Forum will enable TranSwitch to develop new products and technologies that adhere to the latest generations of the HDMI standard. More importantly, it will give us the opportunity to influence the direction of the HDMI standard through our ideas and technologies: changing our role to a more active member working with other member companies to continue this very important standard.”
TranSwitch’s High Speed Interconnect Solutions
- TranSwitch has a range of High Speed Interconnect products that support full-rate 3D video and 4Kx2K displays in both ICs and IPs.
- The Company’s patented HDP™ technology, developed for High Definition Television (HDTV) and 3-Dimensional Television (3D-TV), is the most advanced IP core technology in the industry.
- Capable of supporting both HDMI™ 1.4 and DisplayPort™ standards with only one connector, HDP™ provides “one port and two solutions.
- TranSwitch's HDP™ Technology combines both HDMI™ 1.4 and DisplayPort™ in one single physical layer (PHY)
- It enables HDTV and 3D-TV manufacturers to support either standard with a single connector
For more information about HDMI Forum, please visit http://www.hdmiforum.orgAbout TranSwitch Corporation TranSwitch Corporation (NASDAQ: TXCC) designs, develops and supplies innovative semiconductor and intellectual property (IP) solutions that provide core functionality for voice, data and video communications equipment for network, enterprise and customer premises applications. Founded in 1988, TranSwitch® is headquartered in Shelton, CT. The Company provides integrated multi-core network processor System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solutions and software solutions for fixed, 3G and 4G Mobile, VoIP and Multimedia Infrastructures. For the customer premises market the Company offers a family of communications processors that provide best-in-class performance for a range of applications and also provide interoperable connectivity solutions that enable the reliable distribution and presentation of high-definition (HD) content for consumer electronics and personal computer markets. Our intellectual property (IP) products are compliant with global industry standards such as HDMI and DisplayPort and also feature our proprietary HDP™ and AnyCable™ technologies. For more information, please visit www.transwitch.com Safe Harbor Statement This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. These risks and uncertainties, which are more fully described in TranSwitch’s Annual and Quarterly Reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, include changes in market conditions in the industries in which the Company operates. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should the assumption prove incorrect, actual results may vary in material aspects from those currently anticipated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV