Magnetek, Inc. (“Magnetek” or “the Company”) (NYSE: MAG) announced today that the Company received final approval of its request for a waiver of the minimum funding requirements of the Company’s defined benefit pension plan (the “Plan”) for the 2011 plan year. The amount of the funding waiver requested was approximately $17 million, scheduled to be funded in quarterly installments from April 2011 through January 2012, with a final installment due in September 2012.
The Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) informed the Company on November 2, 2011, that the waiver request was granted subsequent to the Company’s agreement with, among others, the following conditions:
- The Company agrees to resume its required quarterly contributions in a timely manner beginning April 15, 2012.
- The Company makes contributions to the Plan sufficient to meet the minimum funding requirements for the Plan years 2012 through 2016.
- The Company provides collateral acceptable to the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (“PBGC”) for the full amount of the 2011 Plan year waiver.
As a result, the Company currently expects that the 2011 Plan year scheduled contributions of $17 million will be deferred and amortized with interest over Plan years 2012 through 2016.
The waiver application was filed in February 2011 and, in accordance with the funding rules, the Company did not make its scheduled contributions in April, July, and October 2011 in an aggregate amount of more than $10 million. Based upon receipt of the waiver, the Company can now also defer contributions scheduled for January and September 2012 in an aggregate amount of nearly $7 million.The Company’s next contribution is scheduled for April 15, 2012, in an amount of $3.9 million, and its total contributions for fiscal year 2012 are currently estimated at $11.7 million, based on current actuarial projections.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV