A.P. Pharma, Inc. (OTCQB: APPA.PK), a specialty pharmaceutical company, today reported financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2011 and highlighted its recent corporate progress.
- On July 1, 2011, the Company closed a $24.0 million private placement of common stock and warrants.
- In July 2011, the Company commenced a thorough QT study designed to support the New Drug Application (NDA) resubmission for APF530. The study will examine the effect of APF530 on the QT interval in healthy volunteers. The Company expects to report results from this study in the first quarter of 2012.
“Steady progress is being made toward our goal of resubmitting the New Drug Application for APF530 in the first half of 2012,” said John Whelan, A.P. Pharma’s president and chief executive officer. “We continue to believe that APF530 could improve the lives of many cancer patients suffering from one of the major side effects associated with their treatment, namely chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. APF530 has the potential to be the first product to address both acute- and delayed-onset nausea and vomiting with a single, subcutaneous injection at the time of chemotherapy administration, providing an important treatment option for patients and physicians.”
Results of OperationsA.P. Pharma’s net loss for the third quarter of 2011 was $4.2 million, or $0.02 per share, compared to a net loss of $1.7 million, or $0.04 per share, for the third quarter of 2010. The net loss was higher in the current fiscal quarter primarily due to increased spending related to the planned NDA resubmission and higher stock compensation expense. In addition, the prior-year quarter included contract revenue related to research and development work performed under an agreement with Merial Limited, which was terminated in May 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV