Transcend Reports 41% Revenue Growth And Strong Sales For The Third Quarter Of 2011
TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. (NASDAQ: TRCR), a leading provider of clinical documentation solutions to the U.S. healthcare market, today announced its unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Third Quarter Results
Transcend's non-GAAP diluted earnings per share increased to $0.33 for the third quarter of 2011 compared to GAAP diluted earnings per share of $.24 for the third quarter of 2010. The non-GAAP results exclude $449,000 of expenses for three unusual items:
- transition costs (supplemental compensation) for newly outsourced transcriptionists related to one hospital system contract of $236,000;
- restructuring costs in India of $110,000; and
- transaction costs related to the acquisition of Salar, Inc. of $103,000.
Including these three unusual expenses, GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.30 for the third quarter of 2011.Revenue for the third quarter of 2011 increased $9,286,000 or 41% to $32,202,000 compared to $22,916,000 for the third quarter of 2010, including $7,625,000 of incremental revenue contributed by the Heartland (10/21/10), DTS (4/30/11) and Salar (7/31/11) acquisitions. Excluding the impact of these three acquisitions, revenue increased 7%. Gross profit for the third quarter of 2011 increased 44% to $12,455,000, or 39% of revenue compared to $8,671,000, or 38% of revenue, for the third quarter of 2010. Excluding the $346,000 of India restructuring costs and onboarding costs described above, non-GAAP gross profit was $12,801,000 or 40% of revenue in the third quarter of 2011. Operating income for the third quarter of 2011 increased 27% to $5,436,000, or 17% of revenue, compared to $4,270,000, or 19% of revenue, for the third quarter of 2010. Excluding the three unusual expenses mentioned above, non-GAAP operating income increased 38% to $5,885,000 or 18% of revenue for the third quarter of 2011 compared to the same quarter of last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV