One thing the economy can't take away is the need to eat. As consumers look for convenience and value when dining outside their home, McDonald's has held onto their business even as dollars moved away from more conventional restaurants.
In its survey, BrandZ found that McDonald's scored high in categories gauging "desire" and "value."
In fourth place among all companies analyzed, McDonald's had a brand value of $81 billion and saw a 23% increase over the previous year's metrics.BrandZ credits breakfast offerings as helping McDonald's -- as well as Starbucks (which had a 40% jump in brand value), Burger King and Subway -- meet consumer demand and increase brand value. In sync with breakfast menus, increased coffee sales added a jolt to revenues. For McDonald's, its $1.99 oatmeal, available all day, was perhaps an overlooked way that the chain "drove traffic, projected value and reinforced
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV