One thing the economy can't take away is the need to eat. As consumers look for convenience and value when dining outside their home, McDonald's has held onto their business even as dollars moved away from more conventional restaurants.
In its survey, BrandZ found that McDonald's scored high in categories gauging "desire" and "value."
In fourth place among all companies analyzed, McDonald's had a brand value of $81 billion and saw a 23% increase over the previous year's metrics.BrandZ credits breakfast offerings as helping McDonald's -- as well as Starbucks (which had a 40% jump in brand value), Burger King and Subway -- meet consumer demand and increase brand value. In sync with breakfast menus, increased coffee sales added a jolt to revenues. For McDonald's, its $1.99 oatmeal, available all day, was perhaps an overlooked way that the chain "drove traffic, projected value and reinforced [its] efforts to offer healthier offerings." (Actually, it turns out McDonald's can even make oatmeal not so healthy.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV