Coca-Cola (KO) has remained a leading worldwide brand because its inexpensive product has become a habit for consumers and benefited from its consistency of product and name recognition.
According to BrandZ, Coca-Cola is the sixth-most valuable brand, with a value of nearly $74 billion, an 8% increase over last year.
Separating its product line, traditional Coke was tops among soft drink brands, followed by Diet Coke, which surpassed Pepsi to take the No. 2 spot."The shift reflected an ongoing move to diet in the face of health and obesity concerns," BrandZ says. "It happened in a year when the ongoing slide in soda sales slowed, perhaps because consumers needed a pleasurable break from the barrage of headlines about unemployment and the need for sacrifice." Coca-Cola, according to the report, was aggressive with traditional advertising and, with Pepsi, "relied on innovative social media that asserted the strength of their brands and the emotional bond with customers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV