Prudential Financial Inc (PRU) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial Inc fell 86 cents (-1.6%) to $52.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Prudential Financial Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.32-$52.57 after having opened the day at $52.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.05. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Flagstone Reinsurance Holdings (FSR), down 7.6%, Affirmative Insurance Holdings Inc (AFFM), down 6.4%, National Interstate Corporation (NATL), down 5%, and Citizens Inc (CIA), down 4.5%. Prudential Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, offers various financial products and services in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. The company operates through three divisions: The U.S. Retirement Solutions and Investment Management, The U.S. Prudential Financial Inc has a market cap of $26.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.3, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Prudential Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PRU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV