Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation rose 21 cents (0.8%) to $25.61 on light volume. Throughout the day, 386,356 shares of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 635,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.39-$25.61 after having opened the day at $25.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.40. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: DragonWave Inc (DRWI), up 41%, Telestone Technologies Corporation (TSTC), up 9.9%, Clearwire (CLWR), up 8%, and Polycom Inc (PLCM), up 7.5%. Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services to residential and business customers in Japan. Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation has a market cap of $73.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.4, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 11.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Nippon Telegraph and Telephone as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NTT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV