Mettler-Toledo International Inc. (MTD): Today's Featured Health Care Winner
Mettler-Toledo International Inc (MTD) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Mettler-Toledo International Inc rose $9.63 (6.2%) to $164.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 471,557 shares of Mettler-Toledo International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 314,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $153-$165.27 after having opened the day at $154 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $154.57. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Inhibitex Inc (INHX), up 115.7%, Idera Pharmaceuticals Inc (IDRA), up 25.2%, Telik Inc (TELK), up 20.4%, and AMAG Pharmaceuticals Inc (AMAG), up 17.8%. Mettler-Toledo International Inc. engages in the research, development, manufacture, and marketing of precision instruments and software primarily in Europe, North and South America, and Asia. Mettler-Toledo International Inc has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.2, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mettler-Toledo International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Mettler-Toledo International Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV