Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): Today's Featured Diversified Services Winner
Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Hertz Global Holdings Inc rose 65 cents (5.8%) to $11.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of Hertz Global Holdings Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.02-$11.96 after having opened the day at $11.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.28. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: PowerSecure International Inc (POWR), up 28.1%, LivePerson Inc (LPSN), up 9.1%, Career Education Corporation (CECO), up 8.3%, and Interval Leisure Group Inc (IILG), up 7.9%. Hertz Global Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the car and equipment rental businesses worldwide. It operates in two segments, Car Rental and Equipment Rental. The Car Rental segment engages in the ownership and lease of cars. Hertz Global Holdings Inc has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 56.2, below the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 135.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 22.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hertz Global as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Hertz Global Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV