FLIR Systems Inc. (FLIR): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Winner
FLIR Systems Inc (FLIR) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, FLIR Systems Inc rose 47 cents (1.8%) to $27.12 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of FLIR Systems Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.32-$27.20 after having opened the day at $26.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.65. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Aerosonic Corporation (AIM), up 5%, Moog Inc (MOG.B), up 3.7%, Embraer S.A (ERJ), up 3.5%, and Force Protection Inc (FRPT), up 3.4%. FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets thermal imaging systems worldwide. The company operates through two divisions, Commercial Systems and Government Systems. FLIR Systems Inc has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.3, below the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 19.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates FLIR Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, disappointing return on equity and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year.
- You can view the full FLIR Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV