Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras (EBR) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras rose 42 cents (4.3%) to $10.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.64-$10.32 after having opened the day at $9.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.87. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: U.S. Geothermal Inc (HTM), up 11.6%, Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras (EBR.B), up 3.3%, AES Corporation (AES), up 2.9%, and GreenHunter Energy Inc (GRH), up 2.8%. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. Eletrobras, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electric energy in Brazil. Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras has a market cap of $13.4 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 28% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EBR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV