NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are this week's winners and losers.
iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) 18.7%
Fear fell back into vogue this week as October came to an end. Europe proved to a major spark reigniting investor fears, with troubled nations such as Greece and Italy in focus.
The VIX-tracking VXX has welcomed these rekindled jitters, recovering the losses it suffered last week. By the end of Friday's trading, the ETN had returned to its 50-day moving average.In the week ahead, it will be interesting to see whether the EU woes will continue to command investor attention. If so, we could be in for rocky price action. iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) 4.8% TLT suffered some losses during the second half of the week. This decline, however, was not enough to undo the gains witnessed heading into the start of November. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Safe havens such as longer-dated U.S. Treasuries and the dollar could be popular next week if shaky investors continue to seek shelter from the ongoing EU economic crisis. As I mentioned in a
LosersiShares MSCI Italy Index Fund (EWI) -10.10% Not surprisingly, given the drama surrounding the region, Europe-related ETFs including EWI, iShares MSCI Spain Index Fund (EWP) and iShares MSCI Sweden Index Fund (EWD) suffered big losses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV