Starbucks (SBUX) is the roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world, operating in more than 50 countries. This stock is trading up 6.8% at $44.23 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $44.69 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $42.67-$44.6952-week Range: $29.45-$44.69 Volume: 9.89 Three-Month Average Volume: 8.50 million Starbucks has a market cap of $33 billion and an enterprise value of $29.49 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 29.08 and a forward price-to-earnings of 24.30. Their estimated growth rate for this year is 18.8% and for next year it's pegged at 19.7%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Starbucks is low at 2.1%. This stock is gapping up today after the company reported sales growth that came in ahead of Wall Street expectations and a 29% jump in profits as spending increased by its U.S. customers. The company also increased its dividend by 31% to 17 cents per share and said it would buyback an additional 20 million shares. From a technical standpoint, this stock is now triggering a big breakout over some near-term overhead resistance of $43.43 on solid volume. This is a major technical move for Starbucks because it now marks an all-time high on the stock. Traders should look to play this breakout from the long side if SBUX can sustain a move and close above $43 a share. This stock could still have tremendous upside from here, since the trend is so strong with shares making new highs. Starbucks is one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated restaurant and hotel stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV