Rex Energy (REXX) is an independent oil and gas company operating in the Appalachian Basin and the Illinois Basin. In the Appalachian Basin, the company is focused on the Marcellus Shale drilling projects. This stock is trading up 1% to $16.76 in recent trading, after it hit a 52-week high of $17.11 earlier today.
Today's Range: $16.48-$17.1152-week Range: $9.67-$17.11 Volume: 882,300 Three-Month Average Volume: 1,160,380 Rex Energy has a market cap of $745.41 million and an enterprise value of $790.65 million. The stock trades at a forward price-to-earnings of 52.50. Its estimated growth rate for next quarter is 133.3%, and for next year it's pegged at 23.1%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Rex Energy is extremely large at 30.8%. >>7 Top-Rated Energy Stocks From a technical standpoint, this stock has triggered a major breakout today now that shares have started to move above some near-term overhead resistance at $16.50. Market players should watch to see how this stock closes, and if the volume can get closer to the three-month average of 1.16 million, with shares trading over $16.50. If we get that close, then look for the stock to potentially make a run at its next significant overhead resistance level of close to $22 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV