When you see a stock that's hitting new 52-week highs, it often means that the uptrend is very strong and the buyers are in full control (and the opposite for stocks setting new 52-week lows), momentum traders and often look at the 52-week-high lists to find new trading ideas. Keep in mind, though, that new highs can also mean that the stock is overbought or has run up too far too fast.
That's why it's important to combine a number of technical indicators like volume, price, trend and momentum indicators such as relative strength before you make an investing or trading decision. Combine all of those things with fundamental trends, disciple and sound money management and you will be well on your way to investment success.Let's take a closer look at several stocks that hit new 52-week highs today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV