NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for MetLife Inc (NYSE:MET) is Monday, November 7, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 74 cents per share. At a price of $34.40 as of 9:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.1%. The average volume for MetLife has been 13.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. MetLife has a market cap of $36.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are down 22.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. MetLife, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs primarily in the United States, Japan, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.3, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 6.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about MET
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV