Herman Cain Resists Controversy: Poll
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Herman Cain appeared resistant to recent controversy after a poll found the GOP candidate only two percentage points behind frontrunner Mitt Romney for the presidential nomination, suggesting Cain supporters have been steadfast.
The ABC News/Washington Post survey conducted Oct. 31 through Nov. 3 saw an uptick in favor for Cain since the last poll conducted at the beginning of October.
Reports surfaced earlier this week of sexual harassment allegations against Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza.
|Herman Cain appears resistant to sexual harassment allegations|
Part of the survey also sampled the impact the controversy would have on Republican-leaning voters, which found 69% of respondents felt there was no difference at all. The poll found 23% of respondents were "less likely" to vote for Cain while 4% said they were "more likely.""There's nothing substantiated, there's just a lot of talk," said Bill Jones, who has donated the maximum individual contribution to Cain and owns a petroleum distributor business in Georgia. "I think the Cain supporters have a basic line of trust in what he is doing." In the two days after harassment accusations surfaced, Cain grabbed a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV