Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: AEIS), today announced that its Solaron® PV inverters have been installed at a 35-megawatt (MW) solar project located near Coalinga, California. The project was awarded to Advanced Energy (AE) by engineering and construction company Cupertino Electric, Inc. earlier this year to leverage the Solaron PV inverter’s industry-leading energy-efficiency ratings and lowest Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE).
“After considering all of the options, we found AE to be the best overall choice thanks to their combination of technical solution and price,” said Meisa Kassis, project manager with Cupertino Electric, Inc. “Our successful delivery of this project to Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) was made possible by the contributions of subcontractors and suppliers like AE.”
The 35 MW project consists of two sites owned by PG&E: Stroud, a 20 MW site, and Westside, a 15 MW site. The two sites are part of the first phase of a five-year PG&E plan to build 250 MW of solar power. The Stroud and Westside installations include 70 of AE’s 500 kW Solaron® grid-tied PV inverters, which provide low voltage ride through (LVRT) and reactive power control.
“We are honored to be selected by Cupertino Electric to be a part of this utility-scale solar power plant,” said Steve Levy, VP of sales and marketing at AE Solar Energy. “The Central Valley holds incredible potential as a source of clean energy for California and this project shows the major strides utilities are making in accelerating the deployment of renewable energy. By selecting industry-leading technology that delivers maximum energy harvest and industry-best LCOE from a bankable partner like AE, our customers benefit and are a key part of the equation to maximize return on investment.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV