DETROIT TheStreet) -- In general, October was a good month for the auto industry, with an 8% sales gain and an accelerating sales pace.
But for certain vehicles, the month was not as good as it was for others.
Some models posted sales declines, as compared with the same month a year ago. Toyota (TM) Corolla is an example, for the obvious reason that inventories were short. The Ford (F) Edge, also posted a decline for the month, even though Ford utility vehicles gained 38% overall for the month.
Others, such as the Cruze, just didn't have as good a month as we had been used to.Also at Ford, an entire division, Lincoln is a question mark right now, although the company is promising to completely remake the Lincoln brand, pledging the same level of improvements that have already been made in other brands. In October, Lincoln sales fell 11%. Here is a look at five big losers in October, selected for their importance to the auto industry and not necessarily for the percentage drop in sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV