Thoratec Corporation (THOR) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Thoratec Corporation fell $1.02 (-3.4%) to $29.44 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Thoratec Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 770,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.05-$30.90 after having opened the day at $30.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.46. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Hansen Medical Inc (HNSN), down 27.1%, DexCom Inc (DXCM), down 19.7%, NxStage Medical Incorporated (NXTM), down 11.8%, and Symmetry Medical Inc (SMA), down 8.3%. Thoratec Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets proprietary medical devices used for circulatory support. Thoratec Corporation has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.6, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 33.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- You can view the full Thoratec Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about THOR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV