LG.Display Company Ltd. (LPL): Today's Featured Technology Loser
LG.Display Company (LPL) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, LG.Display Company fell 50 cents (-4.9%) to $9.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of LG.Display Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $9.55-$9.85 after having opened the day at $9.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.26. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Cbeyond Communications Inc (CBEY), down 18.9%, Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution (KONE), down 16.6%, Clearwire (CLWR), down 14.2%, and ICG Group Inc (ICGE), down 14%. LG Display Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and supply of thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCD) to original equipment manufacturers and multinational corporations primarily in Asia, the United States, and Europe. LG.Display Company has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the electronics industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 42.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates LG.Display as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full LG.Display Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV