BRF - Brasil Foods (BRFS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, BRF - Brasil Foods fell 56 cents (-2.6%) to $20.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of BRF - Brasil Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.47-$21.24 after having opened the day at $20.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.20. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: K-Swiss Inc (KSWS), down 29.9%, Furniture Brands International Inc (FBN), down 27.4%, Mannatech Inc (MTEX), down 16.5%, and Smart Balance Inc (SMBL), down 13.4%. BRF - Brasil Foods S.A., through its subsidiaries, produces and sells poultry, pork, beef cuts, milk, dairy products, and processed food products in Brazil and internationally. BRF - Brasil Foods has a market cap of $17.8 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 41.7, above the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 19.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- You can view the full BRF - Brasil Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BRFS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV