The Company reported a net loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2011 of $(38,577,000), or $(1.03) per diluted share, as compared to net income of $8,944,000 or $0.24 per diluted share in the first nine months of 2010. Excluding the above mentioned charges, adjusted non-GAAP net income was $2,966,000, or $0.08 per share. The results for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 included a noncash goodwill impairment charge of $4,446,000 or $0.07 per diluted share after tax that was recorded during the second quarter of 2010, and a noncash change in the fair value of earn-out obligations, which resulted in pre-tax income of $650,000 or $0.01 per diluted share after tax. Excluding these noncash charges, adjusted non-GAAP net income from continuing operations for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $10,481,000 or $0.28 per diluted share.
The Company reported revenue of $922,320,000 from continuing operations for the first nine months of 2011. On a same store basis, the Company reported revenue of $796,000,000, as compared to $754,934,000 for the same period in 2010. Free cash flow for the nine months ended September 30, 2011 was negative $27,806,000 as compared to negative free cash flow of $10,289,000 in the first nine months of 2010.
Bill Murdy, Comfort Systems USA’s Chairman and CEO, said, “Our underlying results of operations demonstrated solid profitability for the third quarter, and we also experienced same store revenue growth. We were required to take an impairment charge during the quarter, as we concluded that impairment indicators existed after a review of recent results, current conditions and updated forecasts at certain subsidiaries. This charge did not impact our cash flows, is not relevant to our financial covenants, and we believe it does not diminish our fundamental results which remain steady in the face of adverse market conditions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV