BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Do you have a pressure-cooker job with never-ending demands and constant deadlines? Do you feel like you're under the microscope all day?
It's probably not as intense a situation as that of executives and policy makers at a few of the world's challenged companies and agencies.
Sure, they're well paid and probably make more in two weeks than you do all year. But in this day and age, with blogging, tweeting, e-mails and instant video, combined with a media that love to focus on failure, constant negative attention can make their lives a living hell.
For example, Mario Draghi took over as head of the European Central Bank on Monday, and he's expected to restructure the finances of the European Union beginning with the hapless Greece to prevent the EU's possible collapse.Tim Cook, the new CEO at iconic consumer-electronics maker Apple (AAPL), is in a completely different, but equally challenging, situation. He's replacing a creative genius at one of the greatest corporate success stories ever, with the most widely held -- and therefore most widely watched -- stock in the world. Here are 10 top executives and policy makers who face some of the most abusive employment situations right now: Italy's Mario Draghi, 64, took over as president of the European Central Bank on Nov. 1, the same day Greece skidded toward the brink of secession due to its sovereign debt problems. That could be the start of the unraveling of the 27 country European Union, which represents an estimated 20% of the world's GDP. The whole world is watching the outcome of what has been sarcastically dubbed "the plan to make a plan to save the world," which is, in essence, an effort to bail out member countries with overwhelming sovereign debt. Good luck with that, Mr. Draghi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV