Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI), (NASDAQ:UEIC) reported financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2011.
Paul Arling, UEI's Chairman and CEO, stated: “As expected, we delivered strong third quarter results of over 50% growth for both the top- and bottom-line, which represent quarterly records. Retracted global economies and ongoing distressed consumer sentiment have translated into weakened consumer electronics retail reports and forecasts. However, even as the weakness in the global markets continues to affect our industry beyond our earlier expectations, we are more confident than ever in our future growth prospects because we continue to build market share, outperform our competition as well as introduce new and innovative patented technologies.”
Financial Results for the Three Months Ended September 30: 2011 Compared to 2010
Net sales were $123.5 million, compared to $79.0 million.
- Business Category revenue was $111.3 million, compared to $66.2 million.The Business Category contributed 90% of total net sales, compared to 84%.
- Consumer Category revenue was $12.2 million, compared to $12.8 million.The Consumer Category contributed 10% of total net sales, compared to 16%.
- Adjusted pro forma gross margins were 27.9%, compared to gross margins of 32.6%.
- Adjusted pro forma operating expenses were $24.0 million, compared to operating expenses of $19.2 million.
- Adjusted pro forma operating income was $10.5 million, compared to operating income of $6.6 million.
- Adjusted pro forma net income was $8.0 million, or $0.53 per diluted share, compared to net income of $4.7 million, or $0.34 per diluted share.
- At September 30, 2011, cash and cash equivalents was $32.0 million.
Financial Results for the Nine Months Ended September 30: 2011 Compared to 2010
- Net sales were $351.0 million, compared to $229.3 million.
- Adjusted pro forma gross margins were 27.8%, compared to gross margins of 32.8%.
- Adjusted pro forma operating expenses were $74.0 million, compared to operating expenses of $58.6 million.
- Adjusted pro forma net income was $17.7 million, or $1.15 per diluted share, compared to net income of $11.3 million, or $0.81 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV