Emeritus Corporation (NYSE: ESC), a national provider of senior living services, today announced its third quarter 2011 results.
Operating Summary for Third Quarter 2011 Compared to Third Quarter 2010
- Total revenues increased $73.3 million, or 29.3%, to $323.2 million
- Adjusted EBITDAR increased $20.5 million, or 29.4%, to $90.4 million
- CFFO, as adjusted, increased $4.2 million, or 34.6%, to $16.4 million
- Same community average monthly revenue per occupied unit improved by 0.6% to $3,833
- Same community average occupancy increased 20 basis points to 87.9%
- Same community operating margin for Q3 2011 was 34.3% compared to 34.4%
Granger Cobb, President and Chief Executive Officer stated, “Our results for the third quarter reflect steady demand as we posted a 50 basis point sequential quarter improvement in same community occupancy and a 20 basis point improvement from the third quarter of last year. As we move forward we will strive to achieve the optimal balance between rate and occupancy growth while maintaining our commitment to aligning operating cost increases with rate growth.”
2011 Third Quarter Consolidated ResultsTotal revenue in the third quarter of 2011 increased 29.3% to $323.2 million. The $73.3 million revenue increase consisted primarily of $1.7 million in the Company’s same community portfolio of 266 communities operated during both periods, $70.7 million from the acquisition of communities (net of dispositions), and $1.1million in management fees primarily from the August 2010 acquisition of communities through a joint venture structure. Total average monthly revenue per occupied unit for the consolidated portfolio increased 6.2% to $4,065 in the third quarter of 2011 from $3,827 in the third quarter of 2010. This increase in rate was primarily due to the consolidated communities added in the fourth quarter of 2010 that had higher average rates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV