FBL Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: FFG):
|(Dollars in thousands, except per share data)|
|Three months ended September 30,|
|Net income attributable to FBL||$||27,566||$||28,677|
|Earnings per common share (assuming dilution):|
FBL Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: FFG) today reported net income attributable to FBL for the third quarter of 2011 of $27.6 million, or $0.88 per diluted common share, compared to net income attributable to FBL of $28.7 million, or $0.93 per diluted common share, for the third quarter of 2010.
Operating Income (1) . Operating income totaled $24.8 million, or $0.79 per common share, for the third quarter of 2011, compared to $30.2 million, or $0.98 per common share, for the third quarter of 2010. Third quarter 2011 operating income compared to the prior year period was adversely impacted by equity market performance and mortality experience, partially offset by improved spreads. Operating income differs from the GAAP measure, net income attributable to FBL Financial Group, in that it excludes the impact of realized gains and losses on investments and the change in net unrealized gains and losses on derivatives. For further information on this non-GAAP financial measure, please refer to Note (1) and the reconciliation provided within this release.
"FBL Financial Group delivered solid third quarter results with net income of $0.88 per share and operating income of $0.79 per share," said James E. Hohmann, Chief Executive Officer of FBL Financial Group, Inc. "Despite challenging economic conditions, we've been proactive in our approach to increase profitability. These results show FBL's continued momentum and resilience."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV