ATLANTA, Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Crawford & Company claims professionals have earned the prestigious Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation from the CPCU Society.
"Completing the requirements for a CPCU demonstrates the highest level of commitment to the insurance profession," said Jeffrey T. Bowman, Crawford president and chief executive officer. " Crawford has long supported the CPCU Society and its goals through involvement in chapters, teaching and sponsorships. I am very proud of our four inductees and the effort they have made to further their careers through earning this honor."
The 2011 CPCU inductees from Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRDA; CRDB), the world's largest independent provider of claims management solutions, are:
- Alex Chernov, property adjuster in Crawford's Catastrophe (CAT) Services. Chernov started as a CAT property adjuster in 2008 and has been deployed throughout the country to assist local branches during catastrophic events. He recently was promoted to the position of senior property adjuster in New York. Chernov also has earned the Associate in Claims (AIC) designation and multiple professional certifications.
- Mark Killion, transportation product manager for U.S. Property & Casualty. Killion, who has spent his 10-year career with Crawford, began as a casualty adjuster and later served as a supervisor, team manager and branch manager in Ohio and Michigan before moving to Atlanta to lead the transportation team. He previously earned AIC and Property Technical Certification (PTC) designations.
- Tom Parsons, team manager in Fairfax, Va., for Broadspire, Crawford's third party administrator for casualty claims and medical management services. Parsons has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, including 14 years with Broadspire. He first joined the organization as a workers compensation claims examiner in Richmond, Va., and later was promoted to the position of team manager. He holds AIC and Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designations.
- Doris Ross, senior account executive in client services at Broadspire. Ross has served in a number of capacities during her 31 years with Crawford, holding positions as a workers compensation adjuster, casualty general adjuster and senior risk analyst. She also has worked as a supervisor and manager in branches and at several of Crawford's risk technical centers. She previously earned AIC, ARM and Associate in Insurance Services (AIS) designations.
The CPCU Society is a nearly 25,000-member community of credentialed property and casualty insurance professionals who promote excellence through ethical behavior and continuing education. Requirements for the CPCU include rigorous undergraduate- and graduate-level examinations, industry experience and adherence to a strict code of professional ethics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV