DENVER ( TheStreet) -- Going from zero to arguably the leader in smart phones in three years, Google's (GOOG) Android software has helped spread app fever to the rest of us who could not or would not buy that other phone.
But even with Android's massive resources, the bundled apps are not always the best available. Mobile Gmail is terrific. Android web browsing? Not so much. Where's the mobile version of Google Chrome?
Enter the Android Market, where independent developers created several alternatives. Make that hundreds of thousands of alternatives and other mobile distractions. I'm always searching for better alternative apps (suggestions anyone?) but for now, here are my picks:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV