ATLANTA, Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Concurrent (NASDAQ: CCUR), a worldwide leader in video and media data solutions, is announcing new software solutions for service providers intending to build their own content delivery networks (CDNs). Concurrent's CDN product suite includes a unified origin server and unified edge server that can support traditional TV-VOD and HTTP delivery simultaneously using the same server hardware. By converging features from its flagship VOD product, MediaHawk™ VX, with its newly announced eFactor™ product suite for HTTP delivery, Concurrent has created a new breed of solutions designed to simplify the migration of services from traditional RF frameworks toward a pure IP model.
"Today's video revenues are primarily generated from video services that are delivered over RF networks to traditional set-top boxes," said James Brickmeier, Concurrent's vice president and general manager of video solutions. "While the introduction of new HTTP services in the near term represents an incremental growth opportunity for service providers, the long term challenge facing operators is how to cost effectively migrate their existing businesses to more flexible IP delivery models. There is a huge investment in RF networks, and competitive pressures drive the pace of the migration. Concurrent's CDN solution is designed to allow operators to facilitate the RF to IP transition at their own pace and without the capex challenges or risk associated with introducing new platforms into the network."Concurrent's software can be configured to support pure TV-VOD, pure HTTP, or a mixture of protocols from the same server, enabling traditional services to be smoothly migrated to new devices without the need to introduce new hardware into the network. Concurrent's CDN solutions also include eFactor's transmuxing capabilities, which reduce the complexities of delivering multi-screen video by enabling a single content format to be converted on-demand to other formats as needed. Concurrent's CDN products include:
- MediaHawk VX Unified Origin Server: HTTP origin server
- MediaHawk VX Unified Edge Server: TV-VOD & HTTP streamer & intelligent cache
- eFactor HTTP Edge: Pure HTTP streaming server & intelligent cache
- CDN Ingest Manager: Content orchestration & TV-VOD back office integration
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV