BELGRADE, Mont., Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bacterin International Holdings, Inc. (NYSE Amex: BONE), a leader in the development of revolutionary bone graft material and antimicrobial coatings for medical applications, has become a premier founding sponsor of the Resources for Medical Education and Collaboration (RMEC) Osteobiologics Registry with an initial $100,000 unrestricted educational grant.
The goal of the Osteobiologics Registry is to develop a multi-center, longitudinal, observational registry designed to collect data surrounding the application and efficacy of osteobiologics in spinal fusion surgery, along with a mission to educate surgeons on this important topic. This effort aims to improve patient care and outcomes, reduce complications, track cost data, and identify solutions for osteobiologics in spinal procedures.
According to a statement by the RMEC: "Bacterin's support at this nascent stage is indicative of the importance of the mission and the imperative need for broad based support for data collection. Bacterin's support as a premier founding supporter is a testament to their interest in supporting the need to improve available data guiding efficacious use."
Guy Cook, CEO and chairman of Bacterin, commented: "We are excited to see a group of highly respected surgeons committed to improving the understanding of osteobiologics by founding this registry. Bacterin believes there should be better transparency in this space, and even though there are many variables that go into this type of registry, the goals and mission of this collaboration are ideally suited to the needs of the market."The register's founding group includes five uniquely qualified clinicians and researchers in the areas of osteobiologics and orthopedics:
- Jeffrey C. Wang, MD, professor of Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery of the UCLA School of Medicine;
- Howard S. An, MD, The Morton Endowed Chair Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Director, Division of Spine Surgery, Rush University Medical Center;
- Wellington K. Hsu, MD, assistant professor at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine;
- Jay R. Lieberman, MD, director of the New England Musculoskeletal Institute, professor and chairman of the department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Connecticut; and
- S. Tim Yoon, MD, associate professor of orthopedic surgery at Emory University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV