GM, which has been promoting the centennial for much of the year, chose to mark the actual day with an announcement that Chevrolet sold its 1 millionth Cruze this week.
Clearly, Cruze is a symbol of what is right with the automaker. It's a somewhat unanticipated success that reflects both the effort to more firmly establish GM as a truly global company with common vehicles, as well as a company with U.S. labor costs low enough to allow it to manufacture a successful compact car in its home country.
That, in turn, reflects the success of GM's 2009 bankruptcy restructuring, perhaps also the greatest success of the Obama administration, which used the process to force change and better financial health on a stubborn and bloated organization.At the same time, close association with the Obama administration, which is
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV