C$ unless otherwise stated TSX/NYSE/PSE: MFC SEHK:945
TORONTO, Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Manulife Financial Corporation's Board of Directors today declared a quarterly shareholders' dividend of $0.13 per share on the common shares of Manulife Financial Corporation (the "Company"), payable on and after December 19, 2011 to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 15, 2011.
The Board also declared dividends on the following non-cumulative preferred shares, payable on or after December 19, 2011 to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 15, 2011.
• Class A Shares Series 1 - $0.25625 per share• Class A Shares Series 2 - $0.29063 per share • Class A Shares Series 3 - $0.28125 per share • Class A Shares Series 4 - $0.4125 per share • Class 1 Shares Series 1 - $0.35 per share • Class 1 Shares Series 3 - $0.2625 per share In respect of the Company's December 19, 2011 common share dividend payment date, the Board has decided that the Company will issue common shares in connection with the reinvestment of dividends and optional cash purchases pursuant to the Company's Canadian Dividend Reinvestment and Share Purchase Plan and its U.S. Dividend Reinvestment and Share Purchase Plan. The price of common shares purchased with reinvested dividends will be reduced by a two (2%) per cent discount from the market price, as determined pursuant to the applicable plan. About Manulife Financial Manulife Financial is a leading Canada-based financial services group operating in 21 countries and territories worldwide. For more than 120 years, clients have looked to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We provide asset management services to institutional customers worldwide as well as reinsurance solutions, specializing in property and casualty retrocession. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$492 billion ( US$473 billion) as at September 30, 2011. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at manulife.com. SOURCE Manulife Financial
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV