MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, today announced that Athens Regional Medical Center has upgraded its Omnicell supply and medication management solutions with the new fourth generation Omnicell® G4 platform. After nearly a decade as an Omnicell pharmacy and supply automation customer, the medical center's upgrade demonstrates its commitment to improving patient care and clinician efficiency.
Committed to advancing medication and supply automation management, Athens Regional began its Omnicell G4 platform upgrade process in mid-2011 with the G4 OptiFlex™ MS for surgical supply management and OptiFlex CL for interventional radiology needs. The medical center's next G4 upgrades are scheduled to go live in January 2012 with enhanced medication management technology, including the OmniRx® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) to efficiently manage, store, and dispense medications throughout the medical center. At the same time, Athens Regional intends go live with Omnicell's Controlled Substance Management System (CSM) to provide perpetual inventory management and closed-loop tracking for controlled substances.
"Omnicell has been an innovative partner for years, and with the G4 platform we will remain at the forefront of automation technology with secure and efficient medication and supply delivery," said Don Tyson, director of pharmacy services at Athens Regional Medical Center. "We chose to upgrade to the new G4 platform to improve nursing and clinician workflow and expand the patient safety initiatives that are currently in place at Athens."
During the January 2012 G4 upgrade go-live, Athens Regional Medical Center plans to customize its OmniRx G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) with key software and hardware options, including:
- The new Touch & Go™ Biometric System, which employs state-of-the-art biometrics hardware and software fingerprint authentication to ensure secure, convenient medication access.
- The integrated Medication Label Printer, which allows nurses to print individually-barcoded patient-specific labels, will better enable Athens to deploy bedside barcoding in the future.
- Anywhere RN™ Remote Medication Management, which allows nurses to remotely access and select medication orders for the Omnicell dispensing cabinets to streamline workflow and eliminate waiting lines at the ADCs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV