- Revenues increased 19.8% to $184.3 million versus $153.8 million a year ago.
- Net income increased to $4.8 million in the third quarter compared to a net loss of $3.8 million a year ago.
- EBITDA increased 65.2% to $40.4 million from $24.5 million, yielding a margin of 21.9% compared to 15.9% of revenues a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 26.8%, or $12.9 million, to $61.2 million on higher time utilization, better rates, and a larger fleet compared to a year ago.
- Solid demand in distribution business with an 84.8% increase to $27.2 million in used equipment sales and a 10.9% increase to $38.8 million in parts and service revenues versus a year ago.
- Gross margin was 29.2% as compared to 24.6% a year ago. Rental gross margins increased to 44.0% compared to 37.5% a year ago.
- Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) increased to 68.9% compared to 62.3% last year and 67.1% last quarter. Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) increased to 71.8% compared to 65.9% a year ago and 70.0% in the second quarter of 2011.
- Average rental rates increased 8.9% compared to a year ago and improved 4.1% compared to the second quarter of this year. Results included the second consecutive quarter of both positive year-over-year and sequential rental pricing.
- Dollar utilization was 33.7% as compared to 29.2% a year ago.
H&E Equipment Services Reports Third Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.