H&E Equipment Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: HEES) today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
THIRD QUARTER 2011 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Revenues increased 19.8% to $184.3 million versus $153.8 million a year ago.
- Net income increased to $4.8 million in the third quarter compared to a net loss of $3.8 million a year ago.
- EBITDA increased 65.2% to $40.4 million from $24.5 million, yielding a margin of 21.9% compared to 15.9% of revenues a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 26.8%, or $12.9 million, to $61.2 million on higher time utilization, better rates, and a larger fleet compared to a year ago.
- Solid demand in distribution business with an 84.8% increase to $27.2 million in used equipment sales and a 10.9% increase to $38.8 million in parts and service revenues versus a year ago.
- Gross margin was 29.2% as compared to 24.6% a year ago. Rental gross margins increased to 44.0% compared to 37.5% a year ago.
- Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) increased to 68.9% compared to 62.3% last year and 67.1% last quarter. Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) increased to 71.8% compared to 65.9% a year ago and 70.0% in the second quarter of 2011.
- Average rental rates increased 8.9% compared to a year ago and improved 4.1% compared to the second quarter of this year. Results included the second consecutive quarter of both positive year-over-year and sequential rental pricing.
- Dollar utilization was 33.7% as compared to 29.2% a year ago.
“The third quarter was another strong quarter for our business as we grew rental revenue in excess of 25% compared to a year ago for the fourth consecutive quarter,” said John Engquist, H&E Equipment Services’ president and chief executive officer. “Our distribution business also showed solid performance despite the modest rate of recovery in the construction markets. Also, we were very pleased with a 141% increase in our pre-tax earnings on a sequential basis even though revenues were consistent in the second and third quarters. We continue to focus on profitable growth and are benefitting from operating leverage in our business model.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV