Cache, Inc. (NASDAQ: CACH), a specialty chain of 279 women’s apparel stores, reported results for the thirteen (“third quarter”) and thirty-nine week periods (“first nine months”) ended October 1, 2011.
For the 13-week period ended October 1, 2011:
- Net sales increased 6.9% to $48.7 million from $45.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Comparable store sales increased 5.7%, following flat comparable store sales in the third quarter of fiscal 2010;
- Gross profit increased 24.3% to $19.8 million, or 40.6% of net sales, compared to $15.9 million, or 34.9% of net sales, in the third quarter of fiscal 2010;
- Operating loss totaled $3.0 million, an improvement from an operating loss of $8.1 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2010; and
- Net loss totaled $1.8 million or ($0.14) per share, as compared to a net loss of $5.0 million or ($0.39) per share last year, which included $0.08 per share in legal fees.
Thomas Reinckens, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented: “We continued our positive momentum in the third quarter, further demonstrating the success of our strengthened processes in design, sourcing and merchandising. During the quarter, our customers responded favorably to our fashion across categories, as we presented her with current trends and the embellishment she desires in our compelling Cache style. This drove a 5.7% increase in comparable store sales and a 570 basis point expansion in gross margin. Higher markdowns coupled with higher medical insurance costs held back our operating results versus our original expectations. Importantly, we saw an improvement in top line results in September, as sales increased double digits during the five-week period, and overall we were pleased with our results, which represented a significant improvement over the prior year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV