Speaking during a conference call, CEO Rory Read also noted that AMD's server business was heading in "the right direction" with revenue climbing 27% sequentially.
Speaking during a conference call, Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs pointed to the company's record $15 billion fiscal 2011 revenue and offered bullish outlook. "Looking forward, we expect strong revenue and earnings growth again in fiscal 2012," he said, citing, in particular, demand for smartphone chips running on CDMA telecom networks. "In the coming year, we expect continued healthy growth in CDMA-based device shipments despite the macroeconomic slowdown."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV