Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund, Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE: KYE) today provided a summary unaudited balance sheet and announced its net asset value and asset coverage ratios under the Investment Company Act of 1940 (the “1940 Act”) as of October 31, 2011.
As of October 31, 2011, the Fund’s net assets were $889 million, and its net asset value per share was $25.40. As of October 31, 2011, the Fund’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to senior securities representing indebtedness was 435% and the Fund’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to total leverage (debt and preferred stock) was 311%.
|Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund, Inc.|
|October 31, 2011|
|(in millions)||Per Share|
|Receivable for securities sold||3.8||0.11|
|Payable for securities purchased||10.2||0.29|
|The Fund had 35.0 million common shares outstanding as of October 31, 2011.|
As of October 31, 2011, equity and debt investments were 88% and 12%, respectively, of the Fund’s long-term investments of $1.3 billion. Long-term investments were comprised of MLPs and MLP Affiliates (47%), U.S. and Canadian Income Trusts (11%), Marine Transportation (17%), Coal (4%), Midstream & Other (9%) and Debt (12%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV