Siliconware Precision Industries (SPIL) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Siliconware Precision Industries fell 14 cents (-2.7%) to $5.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Siliconware Precision Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $5.07-$5.26 after having opened the day at $5.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.21. Other company's within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Quicklogic Corporation (QUIK), down 19.7%, Aetrium Incorporated (ATRM), down 13.3%, Winland Electronics Inc (WEX), down 8.6%, and EZChip Semiconductor (EZCH), down 8.4%. Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. provides semiconductor packaging and testing services worldwide. Siliconware Precision Industries has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.6, below the average electronics industry P/E ratio of 19 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Siliconware Precision as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Siliconware Precision Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SPIL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV